A brief overview of the past at Mas de Vinobre...
At the start, winemaker and beekeeper Christian MIRABEL, began farming his estate organically very early on. He was one of the “Organic pioneers in Ardèche”.
- 1979 : “Nature et progrès” certification for the hives and the hive products.
- 1984 :The vineyards are converted to organic farming and earn the Nature et progrès label.
- 1989 :The wine cellar is created and the wine is made at the estate. The grapes go in to making Vins de Pays, and they are pressed to make grape juice.
- 1996 : Alexandre MIRABEL takes over the wine estate from his father and extends the property. He currently farms fifteen hectares with plans to reach 20 hectares within a few years.
- 2007 : Desirous to pursue their environmental concerns and improve the vitality of the soils, Alexandre manages the estate in accordance with the Biodynamic approach and complies with the DEMETER specifications.